Monday, February 14, 2011

Pork Campbells Mushroom Soup

13 to 19 February 2011

Sunday, it's nice and warm 21C, it feels good, people go out of their caravan and go to the pool. We ate dinner at another Chinese buffet near McAllen, Yvon and Monic will reunite with friends with whom they traveled in past years, Yolanda and Roger are very nice, we eat too as usual. In return, we will take an aperitif and Monic at Yvon, en route we pass the RV of Carolyn, her boxer dog (she fell off the rope) runs to Clarissa, Carolyn still away small dogs because it attacks the very small animals raccoons, she is afraid to bite our dogs, surprise! Clarisse, who's dog does not impress and let the big dog is surprised to see that these critters can bite, seeing the sharp teeth of Clarissa, she backs impressed, Carolyn came running was relieved by this turn events. We spend a few hours in chats with Monica and Yvon sipping a drink and return to the caravan so that Paul could watch its broadcasts of Sunday night, no dinner to make, we still digesting the lunch buffet.
Monday, Valentine's Day, it is very nice and hot, 24C, no need for fleece. In the morning, the little routine I go to the meeting of quilting and Paul in wood shop, he makes his bowls. At noon Monic and Yvon pass us up, we go to visit the site and Hidalgo Yolanda and Roger which is located in the Mexican border (the fence south of the campground is on the border). There is a lake on the land and buildings Community is built Mexican style, it's very pretty. For cons, the caravans are packed, the campsite is 99% filled with Quebec, we looked at the plates of the cars is perfect for those who do not speak English. We leave the campsite and go to "Ropas" these are warehouses full of used clothing (there are also new because some still have their labels). In the first one we visited, the clothes were huge piles need to climb to reach the top, initially I did not really want to go there and I thought that I would photos, I quickly swept away by the challenge of finding interesting things and I am part Monic looking for clothes for her young son, we dig into the pile to find and are submitted to it to see if they like I found a peasant skirt, two leather handbags (brands), a cosmetic bag Sportsac and a small bag for travel red (after the label was still $ 45.) all cost me $ 7. The garments in general cost 30 cents a pound. We will then visit another where clothes were sorted, here they are $ 2.50 a pound or sell the unit , $ 2. skirt, dress etc. $ 5. I found a place where the clothes are new, I find a real linen pants (known brand), a small white cotton trousers, a sleeveless sweater, knit a sweater sleeve cotton three quarts very pretty, with a doggie Care Bears its label, a sweater of good quality popcorn, all for $ 8. , I consider that even if I do not wear anything I bought, the experience was worth $ 15. spent. Men on their side went to visit the first big pump that was used to irrigate the valley which lies in Hidalgo, we had gone the year past but it was Sunday and closed. Monic bags filled the car, she found many interesting things for children, we return to the park well satisfied with our day, it was not very romantic for Valentine's Day but we will eat at the restaurant tomorrow to celebrate.
Tuesday, it's nice but it's cloudy. I have a lot of washing to do, as the custom is that everything is bought in ropas be washed immediately (just in case) even though there are certainly products that are sprayed in warehouses because the clothes feel a bit insecticide. So in the morning, visits the laundromat, washing by hand and soon all is clean, I still have to shorten the pants in linen, what I do in the afternoon. We will also run errands, grocery shopping and Paul needs wood for future projects because we want to redo the dining room table of the caravan. For dinner, we go Arturos, our favorite Mexican restaurant, Monic and Yvon join us, it's their first visit, the evening is very pleasant. I took the opportunity to inaugurate my new pants.
Wednesday, he's hot 25C, cloudy and windy. Paul begins the table in the caravan and fights with the bends in the plates and I'm going to dance online. La caravane de notre voisin malade qui était en vente à $20,000 s'est vendue en quelques jours, il faut croire que s'était une bonne aubaine. Paul has unfortunately caught my cold and it is his turn to snuff, it should not be too long, mine lasted only three days. Finally, the backfilling of the pier seem completely behind us, it's less dust and noise, now is the calm, the wind could be calm, we could sit outside. Monic I visit, it has a washer in his motorized and washed all the clothes children she has purchased, its walls are lined with small clothes hanging to dry it, she found some very pretty things.
Thursday, he is always beautiful, 25C but the wind is still very present. In the morning, Paul will work on the table and I'm going with Monic buy tickets visit an aloe farm next week. I come home for lunch and then I go to my watercolor classes, we start working on a new painting of a covered bridge over a river, I do not like about it less challenging but we have chosen to vote. I will immediately after the great hall of the club where he is still a hamburger supper served to raise money for the wood shop, I serve the meatballs cooked by Paul. is the crowd, more than 400 people answered the call, I have a hard time replacing me, I'm hungry, one of the girls finally gave me a hand and I can eat my dinner, there are more chips, or dessert, it's better for my line. There is also a silent auction, Paul has contributed a unit to store pencils, etc.. comm e we have on the trailer and boat cover and a bag of wine, it sells for $ 50. Paul is very proud. He returned the grill covered with fat meat, the wind blew the thick smoke from the fire on him and he was blackened, he'll rub his face very hard while taking a shower before bed. The evening was a success, they have exceeded expectations, most chip, beer and dessert.
Friday, lovely day, it's 30C and windy, we go to the quilt show in McAllen with Monic and Yvon. We're getting there for the opening, there is a very long queue, it is a very popular event each year because each camp has its group of ladies who make quilts. Monic bought several small things for gifts and I found a large bag to put the big board on which I paint my watercolors and between cotton lining to make pouches that are used to cook vegetables in the microwave (I have one and I find it very useful, potatoes take only minutes to cook and stay soft, I use it also for my other vegetables) will make the sides of my winter projects. Meanwhile, the men go into stores guys, this time it was Best Buy, Paul bought a new GPS (ours has problems with his power, he falls on his cell from time to other, annoying). It must also buy wood for our table because he did not do enough. We return the new GPS because he no longer wants to die. When Paul returns, I'll shop at the store with Monic Famous Brands, which is right next to Best Buy, the clothes are even smaller than last time I went there, we come out with big bags every two . We return home for dinner and spend a quiet evening.
Saturday, it's nice and warm, 28C, summer seems to be back. We will, with Monic and Yvon at Alegria folk dance that is presented to the University of Texas in Edinburg, we are all impressed by the quality of performance, choreography, costumes and music, we spend a beautiful afternoon, I think the seamstress who had to type all these beautiful skirts very, very large that are difficult to manufacture and take a long time. Dances representing different cultures and times, and although participants were not so professional, the show was high quality, we are here next winter, we will certainly review it. We finish by going out dinner at Joe's Crab Shack in McAllen, I'm the only one not eat a pot of steamed crab legs and mussels, I wanted to try their fried fish platter (calamari, shrimp and fish) the food was good and the atmosphere fun. Another beautiful day in Texas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment